Skinny Moose Media Black Bear Blog Blogging Outdoors Daily Bag Limit Desert Rat - AZ On Stand With CG Coyote John - AZ
Audio Pod Casts Video V Casts
Outpost Home
About Us Permanent Staff Contact Us Employment Opportunities
Arizona Home US Hunting Home US Hunting Forums

Go Back   Arizona Hunting Today Forum > Species and Groups > Predators & Furbearers
FAQ VB Image Host Buy/Sell Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Predators & Furbearers This forum is for discussion on predator hunting and trapping, which includes: Bobcat, Coyote, Fox, and the Skunk - including discussions of fur-bearing species, such as: Badger, Beaver, Muskrat, Otter, Raccoon, Ring-tail, Coatimundi, Weasel, and even the Wolf.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:46 PM

Default Manzanita berries???

Curious to see if you concur with me that these are manzanita berries or something else? Fox scat?

Hunting the other day and ran across this poor fellow, half eaten. You would think bobcat first, then mt lion second.

Took this picture at the base of the foxes tail. Stuck my boot in the picture to help show some perspective to size. Definitely lion. Hunting with a 17HMR (fox hunting) so a shell was out of the question for comparison.

Alan

Last edited by AZ~ThunderDan; 03-07-2011 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: wrap url's with [img][/img] codes
Revenue Sharing Ads ( ?):
Old 03-07-2011, 06:04 PM

I would say fox scat just based upon where it is.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Supporting Member

on the third pic id say bobcat.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Site Admin

Manzanita berries sounds like a good guess. And I would agree with fox scat, because of the location (on a rock) and because it looks like older scat and some newer scat in the same spot. The print I'm not so sure about...it seems a bit small for lion.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:45 PM

I don't think that it is a lion print unless it was from a cub. I have seen lion tracks and paws up close and they are as big, if not bigger, than a man's hand.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:50 PM

hard to say from the picture what the track is, but I'm betting the shadoe knows after living in lion country for the past 100 years. I'll go lion track! .
"You cant trust politicans because no matter how good their intentions are they all answer to the same people and we didn't elect any of them. That's why it's our duty as Americans to not only vote but to keep an eye on the people we elect and makin sure they're doin what they're supposed to be doin."